Why Integrate the Firehose
Why integrate StreamingFast Firehose?
From a Layer 1 blockchain core development team’s perspective, making your chain
--firehose-enabledbrings you and your community the following benefits.
- Immediate integration into The Graph, through Substreams-based Subgraphs.
- Immediate integration into the latest
graph-nodewhich can feed directly from the Firehose.
- Immediate support for dozens of sinks (think loading to PostgreSQL, MongoDB, CDC replication, Kafka, Flink, writing to buckets for ingestion by BigQuery, AWS Redshift, Clickhouse, etc.).
- Activates a community of developers that already know how to index blockchain data, and are going to be happy to discover your blockchain’s data model and activity.
From a Layer 1’s users’ perspective, you’ll get the following benefits.
- The capability to quickly index and sift through your favorite blockchain’s history.
- Stream its output with low latency.
- Hook it to any data systems you have, trading bots, cross-chain bridges, databases.
- All of it in an extremely reliable way.
- Benefit from the anti-fragility brought by The Graph network.
- Offer an army of indexers to service your network.
Last modified 3mo ago